Sunday, January 1, 2012

British Books Challenge

I'm not really one for doing organised reading challenges - it just becomes one more thing to try and keep up with. But, I do like supporting the 'home grown' talent in this country, and I thought last year's 'British Books Challenge' sounded pretty cool. This year it's being hosted by Kirsty at The Overflowing Library. The idea is to read at least 12 books by British authors over the year. One book a month sounds pretty reasonable, right?
If you're interested in the challenge, you can sign up here: British Books Challenge sign-up

As I read and review books for the challenge, I will add the links to this post.
Books I'm hoping to read for the challenge:

Hollow Pike, by James Dawson - this one sounds really good, a dark YA, released early this year
The Iron Witch, by Karen Mahoney - I have started this, but for some reason I didn't finish. Another great YA fantasy novel.
The Shifting Price of Prey, by Suzanne McLeod - Love this series, can't wait till this comes out in June!



~Ailsa

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great challenge. I should do it because I already read 99% British only.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)