Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pingo by Brandon Mull


I'm really picky when it comes to children's picture books because you can't just go out and pick some random story.  It has to be able to keep the child's attention with both the magnificent pictures and the words that go with them.

Pingo does just that.  I really love the art by Brandon Dorman.  He has brought an imaginary character to life through the beautiful renderings in this book.

The words of the story are fairly simple to read aloud to children. But then again, Brandon Mull does have a wonderful knack for making his stories family friendly.  It is the most absolute cute story about a boy and his imaginary friend.  At one time, the boy decides that Pingo needs to go away, that he doesn't need an imaginary friend anymore.

After that, Pingo became the boy's imaginary enemy throughout the rest of his life.  It's a very adorable story that shows us that we should never give up our imaginations for anything.

I got this for my little one and I've been asked over and over again to read it aloud.  If you need a really good picture book for your kids or whoever you think would like it, go ahead.  Just remember, after you read this endearing story, Pingo stays with you for life.  I mean, you don't want an imaginary enemy would you?

4 comments:

  1. Aww, I love reading picture books. The pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'm definitely going to have to check it out for my turkeybird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG
    What an adorable cover!
    Is it wrong that I'm in love with the little critter?

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)