Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On My Wishlist


On My Wishlist is a new weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. I have a huge wishlist, and I'm always adding to it, so I thought it would be a fun thing to join in with!

I thought I'd start with a couple of the books from my BookMooch wishlist that I really really want - of course, that's a lot of them, so I'm going to work my way down alphabetically week by week.
Spoiler free.

1) Midnight Rising, by Lara Adrian.
I love this series about the Breed. Along the lines of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, each book is about one member of the guardians, and how they find their Breedmate - a human woman marked with the shape of a teardrop falling into a crescent moon. This book is Rio's story, and while I'm not as interested in him as some of his companions, I'm looking forward to learning more about him, and seeing what happens to the rest of the gang next.


2) Storm Front, by Jim Butcher
I think these books sound quite interesting - I've read the first couple of chapters of this book, and I'd love to read the rest sometime.
Blurb, from the site: Harry Dresden is the best at what he does. Well, technically, he's the only at what he does. So when the Chicago P.D. has a case that transcends mortal creativity or capability, they come to him for answers. For the "everyday" world is actually full of strange and magical things -- and most of them don't play well with humans. That's where Harry comes in. Takes a wizard to catch a -- well, whatever.

There's just one problem. Business, to put it mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name. And that's when things start to get... interesting.

Magic. It can get a guy killed.



What's on your wishlists this week?

9 comments:

  1. I've read all the Harry Dresden books and liked them. I hope you do too. I have Kiss After Midnight but haven't read it yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dresden Books! I really think there are getting better and better. The first 3 books are good but then they are fantastic. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've an endless wishlist on amazon - definitely the Dexter books, Dresden files too and a load others!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read the Midnight Breed series. I've heard good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I've read Kiss of Midnight before. I enjoyed it, but too much focused on the romance than the story for my tastes. I've not heard of Jim Butcher's book before, sounds good! I hope you enjoy them both when you get to reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, great response, thanks guys! So I guess I should get the Dresden book ASAP, then? Good to hear that other people like the Breed series too.

    @Casey - you should definitely try one! I think they're really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award!
    http://tyngasreviews.blogspot.com/2009/11/awards-and-giveaway-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot of good things about the Dresden files, so I understand why you want them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)