Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jess at Breaking The Spine.

I have three books to look at this week. They've all been released in the last couple of months, but I haven't had a chance to read them yet, and I'm making myself read a few more books on my kindle (or get my next job lined up!) before I buy... the waiting is hard!

First up:
Deadly Spells, book 3 in the Prospero's War series by Jaye Wells. I've read the first two books in this
series and really enjoyed them. Kate Prospero is a cop, and from a powerful magical clan - one of the clans she's fighting as a cop. I'm loving the developments in her professional life as a cop, seeing how her attitude to magic is changing, and of course the hints at potential love interests that are starting to creep in! I'm not a fan of insta-love at all, so I'm glad that by the end of book two, there were just some things starting to take shape.

Second: Vision In Silver, by Anne Bishop. Book 3 of the 'Others' series. I like
the way these stories are told, following main character Meg who is a seer - when she makes a cut on her body. Meg is making a home for herself amongst the supernatural creatures who live on the edge of a town in North America. In this series, supernatural creatures are way above humans on the food chain, but the humans have a bad habit of forgetting that! At the end of book 2 it looked like things were getting pretty bad for humans in America, but something in far away Europe could be trying to change that... I'm looking forward to seeing what's next for Meg and her friends, and how they deal with the next set of challenges.

Third: Prudence, by Gail Carriger. I'm a big fan of Carriger's work, and Prudence is about the daughter of my favourite of her heroines, Alexia, making her own way in the world. I can't wait to dive into another aspect of Ms. Carriger's world, and see some old friends from the previous series' too, hopefully.

Feel free to share you're WoW links in the comments :)
~Ailsa

7 comments:

  1. Got vision in silver on Netgalley! Oh btw i love your header especially the moving thingy
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have Prudence by Gail Carriger on my tbr list. I read her finishing school books and I really enjoy them. Check out my pick for this week's WOW: http://bit.ly/1cweceO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prudence and Vision in Silver are on my reading list! I hope you enjoy the books you chose! Check out my WoW! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAIL CARRIGER! Yes, ma'am! I love her books, especially the Finishing School series. Perfect pick with Prudence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting, everyone!

    @Christine, lucky you, I'm hoping to read it soon!
    @Belinda Thanks for visiting! I love Gail's books.
    @Stina, Thanks for the follow! I hope you enjoy both books when you get to read them.
    @Kristen, yes, they're great! I think Prudence will be the next book I buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vision in Silver was amazing! Goodness, I love Anne Bishop's writing.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME PICKS!!! I'm so glad to see that each of these books has strong heroines!

    I don't mind "insta-love" myself, but it is refreshing to read a novel in which the romantic relationship develops more gradually,

    I featured "Prudence" in a previous WOW. Now that it's out, I have to make sure to get it, because I've been waiting long enough!

    Thanks for sharing thse!! thanks as well for visiting my blog and commenting on my WOW!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)