Sunday, May 27, 2012

Letterbox Love #2

Letterbox Love is a new feature hosted by Lynsey at Narratively Speaking, intended as a way of sharing the books we've received with a slightly more British feel to it.

I've been away for a couple of weeks, trying (hopefully) to pass my exams, and sort out things for the summer and the coming year - I'm off to study abroad, so it's taken a bit of stress & organising with visas and pesky things things like that.

I've got a couple of books in the last week or so. First, I finally got the 4th Parasol Protectorate book, by Gail Carriger:

I'm about half way through this one, and I love it, it's so much fun to be back in this world again. (Click here for description on Goodreads.)

I also got a couple of ebooks from NetGalley for review:

Brook Street: Rogues, by Ava March - I've finished this one, and will be doing a mini-review of it soon. It's quite short, but it was fun. (Goodreads description.) 

And one that I read the description for somewhere online, and thought it sounded great, so I checked online and lo and behold, there it was! It's called 'The 500' by Matthew Quirk. I'm saving this one for when I have time to just sit & read with no distractions - I think it's going to be the sort of book that needs it. It's published by Hatchette Books & comes out on 5th June. (Goodreads description.)


So that's me for now - what did you all get through the post this week?

~Ailsa

7 comments:

  1. I keep seeing the Gail Garriger series but I have yet to read one. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice I've been meaning to read the Gail Carriger series for a while now it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Parasol Protectorate books. I've had the last one Timeless for a while but I haven't wanted to start it as I know when I've read it, then the series is over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of Gail Carriger's books, but I hear great things about them. Hope you're enjoying them! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to read the Parasol Protectorat series. :) It's on my list. lol!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Vivienne - If you get a chance, try the first one! They're fun :)

    @ Giselle - I'd definitely recommend it! Steampunk, with a lot of humour.

    @ Mel - I know! But there's another series on the way, set in the same world :)

    @ Annabelle - yes! If you get a chance to read Soulless, go for it!

    @ Chelsey - They're a lot of fun to read, I find myself giggling so much.

    @Christy - The lists never get any shorter, do they? Ha ha.

    Thanks for the comments, everyone!

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)