Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: series I want to start


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's question is 'New series' you want to start'. Since I'm not so up-to-date on this year's new releases, I'm going to do this as any series I haven't started yet but want to. This was actually quite hard for me, because most of my wishlist consists of second, third etc books in series I've already started. I've linked to the first book of each series on goodreads.

1) The Twilight Reign series, by Tom Lloyd. This series has been on my radar for a while, and after briefly meeting Tom last year at WFC '13, I've really been thinking about buying the first one, Stormcaller. Fantasy series.

2) The Throne Of Glass series, by Sarah J. Maas. Another fantasy series, I've heard so many good things about them and I'd love to read it.

3) The Paranormalcy series, by Kiersten White. Again, I've heard many many good things about this series, and haven't had a chance to read it yet.

4) The Grisha Trilogy, by Leigh Bardugo. I'm sure this doesn't need explaining.

5) The Charley Davidson series, by Darynda Jones. I don't know so much about this series, but I keep seeing recommendations for the later books in the series, and I think I'd like to check it out.

6) The Curse Worker's series, by Holly Black. I love the sound of these books, and Holly Black seems kind of awesome. I love her Spiderwick series and I've read some of her other books, so I've been hoping to read these ones for a while.

7) The Shadow Police books by Paul Cornell, which start with London Falling. Magic in London. Always a fun thing to read about.

That's all I've got... so if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Particularly if there are new steampunk novels that have come out this year! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot all about the Shadow Police series. That's one I want to read as well. And Throne of Glass. Everyone is always talking about that series, I must get to it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH OH OH I adore The Grisha Trilogy! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks. There are quite a few of these series that I really want to read myself - The Grisha and Curse Workers series especially, they look so good. THRONE OF GLASS! I LOVE that series, it gets better with every new book. I hope you can get to some of these soon :) TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)