Saturday, October 18, 2014

Stacking the Shelves/Letterbox Love

 


Hello!

Letterbox Love (from Narratively Speaking) and Stacking the Shelves (from Tynga's Reviews) are memes to share the books you've received this week.

Busy times here, as per usual. I'm in Texas for a few weeks visiting a friend, and the library here is brilliant, they have so many books I want to read! Here are the three I got to start me off. (Links go to Goodreads.)

The Undead Pool, by Kim Harrison. The penultimate book in the hollows series. I've been looking forward to reading this for a while, can't wait to see how it goes, and of course I'm looking forward to seeing how things go between Rachel & Trent in this book. Reading it at the moment, review coming soon.

















Black Arts, by Faith Hunter. (#7 in the Jane Yellowrock series.) Evan Trueblood comes to New Orleans looking for his wife. I started reading this on the bus yesterday, and I'm excited to see how it goes. Getting to see more of the Trueblood family? Yes, please, I love seeing Jane with her 'pack' and it looks like this book might see the mending of some bridges between them.












Fortune's Pawn, by Rachel Bach. 1st in the series. I first heard of this book when I think Ilona Andrews reviewed it on her blog, and I've noticed it in a couple of places since then. Something a little different for me, but I think it'll be interesting.















What books did you get this week? Leave your links in the comments and I'll check them out, and let me know if you've read any of these three!
-Ailsa

10 comments:

  1. I heard many great things about these books. I need to try the second Hunter book and need to read the first sci-fi you have too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these books are new to me, I like the sound of Fortune's Pawn! Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but they look like great reads! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent haul! I've been meaning to buy that Kim Harrison book as a gift for someone for a while. I hope you enjoy them and have fun in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at your books I feel how my TBR pile is growing. Not that I'm complaining but... when I'm gonna read them all I dunno. Happy reading! :)

    My STS:http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/10/stacking-shelves-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to start the Kim Harrison series. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to try that series by Kim Harrison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of any of these...buuut, I think that might be because I eat very deeply in the YA section. lol But they do look awesome and there's seriously epic covers there!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the covers! I know I have a Kim Harrison book around somewhere but my TBR pile is kind of out of control right now! Hope you enjoy your haul :) Here's ours if you're interested: BiblioJunkies Happy Reading! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)