Friday, December 2, 2011

Events: The Miami International Book Fair


Clockwise from top: Colleen Houck, Me, Sarah Dessen, Nancy Holder, Debbie Viguie

I meant to post this a while back, but Thanksgiving, NaNoWriMo, and work got in the way. Well, better late than never, right?

The weekend before Thanksgiving Miami Dade College hosted the Miami Book Fair International. This week long event culminated in a three-day street fair and presentations by dozens of authors from all genres and styles. So much happened it's impossible to fit it all into one post, so I wrote up two: one recap of Saturday, and one of Sunday.

For anyone living in South Florida, attend if you can in 2012. For anyone not in the area, check out your local college and see if they host something similar. It might not be on the same scale as this, but I've learned first hand that any contact with writers is worth the trip. :D

Hope you enjoy, guys!
Sera

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a blast! I love going to BEA every summer - it's the highlight of my year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Melissa! The blog never notified me there was a comment! But, yes, it was amazing! I'm actually hoping to attend BEA this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out so I get to go. :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)