Sunday, November 7, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

I got some lovely books on Friday:

(Apologies for the quality - my camera ran out of batteries again, so I had to use my phone)

I didn't mean to buy any more books for a while, because there are so many cool YA books at my local library that I can't wait to read, but one of my friends wanted to go to a bookshop, and lo and behold, Waterstone's had 3-for-2 on all fiction... how could I leave without buying anything?

From left to right:
The Mage in Black, by Jaye Wells
The Poison Throne, by Celine Kiernan
Infinite Days, by Rebecca Maizel (won from My Favourite Books, thank you Liz!)
The Devil's Playground, by Jenna Black

Devil's Playground and Mage in Black have been on my 'to buy' list since they came out, so I'm so glad to finally have them. I read a review for The Poison Throne a couple of days ago, and was thinking I wanted to read more fantasy & politics stories. And Infinite Days was won, it turned up in the post the other day, and has such a cool cover! I'm looking forward to reading it.
Have you read any of these books? What did you think?
What books did you get this week?

8 comments:

  1. Look forward to the reviews :) Looks like good bunch of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you got Infinite Days! I just loved that one and cannot wait for Stolen Nights, I'm read for more of that story. I've heard good things about The Mage in Black as well, I'll be looking for that review! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm a new follower here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. infinite days looks awesome - I want it!!

    I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Infinite Days and The Poison Throne! Looks like you got a bunch of great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great selection of books. They all look great. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox
    and don't forget to enter the giveaway

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily - I'll try and get reviews up as soon as I can :-)

    Jenny - my Mage In Black review will be up soon, I hope you stick around with us! :-)

    Kirsty - Thanks for following! I'm starting Infinite Days next, lots of people seem to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren - I'm a couple of chapter in to The Poison Throne at the moment, and I'm hooked already. Thanks for commenting!

    Steph - it seems like everyone likes Infinite Days, I'm really looking forward to reading it now.

    Mia & Sophia - thanks for commenting! I'll definitely check out your blog

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)