Sunday, January 10, 2010

Where has Ailsa been?

...and other related questions.

Where have you been?
Well, I've come out to live and work in a small hotel in the French Alps for the winter, and we've only just got wifi working, so I've been catching up on things like emailing my parents. Now, though, I'm ready to launch into some new reviews.

What about the interviews? Weren't we promised more interviews?
Yes, you were. That's another side effect of my move - with only getting internet when I sneaked on the office computer, I haven't been able to organise any author interviews or guest posts. Hopefully over the next week I can get something organised. I'll let you know.

So, wait, this living abroad thing... is that going to affect what books you're reading and reviewing?
Yes, it will. If I want english books, I'll have to get them all online, and I'm the kind of person who likes to browse. Luckily, my Dad just visited and brought a stack of older books with him, so I've got those to read. The other thing is that I don't have as much time to read now, because when I'm not working, I'm usually skiing, catching up on sleep, or being sociable. So, reviews might come slightly slower.

Does that mean the end of the blog as we know it?
Of course not! For starters, we have a great team here on the Book Bundle. Even if I'm not posting as much, the others will keep bringing you some great reviews of books new & old. This is a new year, it's a good time for new starts. One thing that I want to start this year is to aim for at least two or three posts on the blog a week. Some might be memes like In My Mailbox, but we should also have plenty of book reviews, too.

I'm sorry for my absence the past few weeks, but I'm back, in the middle of a very good book, and looking forward to some excellent things that are coming out this year. What books are you looking forward to that are released this month?

2 comments:

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)