Saturday, March 22, 2014

Letterbox Love: belated birthday edition


This is a catch-up Letterbox Love/Stacking the Shelves post for the last few weeks, because I've been so busy lately!
 


All links go to Goodreads.
First up, there's the great 'Beyond Jealousy', book 4 in the 'Beyond' series by Kit Rocha. I loved this, and posted my review on Thursday. (Click through to see a contest!)
   

Next, there's 'The Lady Always Wins' by Courtney Milan, a short historical romance story which was free on Kindle for a while. I'll be posting my review for that one this week.

Then there were my birthday books:


'Prince of Thorns' by Mark Lawrence. First in a fantasy series that has been on my wishlist for a few months. I'm planning on taking this on holiday with my in April.

'Half-Off Ragnarok' by Seanan McGuire. 3rd in her InCryptid series. I'm not sure if I'll review this one yet, as I really don't have praises I haven't already said. I love every one of Ms McGuirre's books I've read, and this was no exception.

'Curtsies & Conspiracies' by Gail Carriger. Book 2 in the 'Finishing School' series. I'll probably review this one when I read it, sometime next week after my dissertation is handed in.

'Lunch in Paris' by  Elizabeth Bard. Another that's been on my wishlist for a while. It's been a while since I read any travel stories, so I'm looking forward to this.

Last but by no means least, I was one of the 'Gollancz Geeks' picked out the hat to review this.


'The Boy With The Porcelain Blade' by Den Patrick. I'm reading this at the moment & enjoying it. I think 'gritty fantasy' might be an apt description.

What did you get recently?

-Ailsa

9 comments:

Sofia T on March 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM said...

Oh, Prince of Thorns seems really cool! I need to add it to my TBR list. :) Recently, I have been all about YA high fantasy books! Enjoy your books and have a great weekend!

Ashton @ Morphys' Book Blog on March 22, 2014 at 8:48 AM said...

Nice haul, I haven't heard of any of them before. The boy with the porcelain blade sounds good, will have to check it out. I hope you enjoy your new additions.
Happy Reading! xD

My StS

Ashton @ Morphys Book Blog

Mary @SweepingMe on March 22, 2014 at 9:01 AM said...

I love Courtney Milan! I hope you enjoy all your new reads this week!

Mary
My STS

Vickie Ramage on March 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM said...

Love the cover of Prince of Thorns, happy reading!

★ Under The Mountain ★

Jennifer Messerschmidt on March 22, 2014 at 2:56 PM said...

These are all new to me except Curtsies & Conspiracies. I've heard good things about that one! Enjoy!

My Stack

Dre @ Sporadic Reads on March 23, 2014 at 3:08 AM said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You have an awesome stack this week. Enjoy your books!
My STS and other stuff!

Kathy Martin on March 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM said...

Nice assortment of books. I liked Curtsies & Conspiracies but haven't read any of the others. I have been meaning to give Seanan McGuire a try though. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

Reviews from a Bookworm on March 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM said...

Great haul. The Boy with the Porcelain Blade sounds interesting and I love the cover. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

ReviewsBy Molly on March 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM said...

Lunch In Paris sounds awesome! Happy Reading! Here's my STS if you'd like to stop by.

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Term of Use

If you would like us to review your book, do an interview or host a guest blog, you can contact Ailsa at: ailsa.floyd@yahoo.com or Emily Cross at:emilycross09@gmail.com

We are happy to review any genre of books - get in touch and we can chat.

The Book Bundle Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino