Saturday, September 28, 2013

Letterbox Love/Stacking The Shelves


 

Good morning! It's bright and sunny here in Edinburgh today, so maybe I'll get to do a little reading outside later on.

I have one book this week, but I'm very excited about it.

The Falconer, by Elizabeth May.
Isn't this a cool cover?

Description: Lady Aileana Kameron was destined for a life which revolved around Edinburgh's social events - until the moment a faery killed her mother. 
Now, between high society balls, Aileana slaughters faeries in secret. Every night, armed with modified percussion pistols, explosives and a killer instinct, she sheds her aristocratic facade and goes hunting.
She's looking for revenge, but she'll kill any fae that crosses her path.
But there's another battle looming - one her mysterious mentor, Kiaran MacKay, won't even talk about and it has world-altering consequences. 
Aileana will have to decide how much she's willing to lose - and just how far she'll go to avenge her mother. 

I started paying attention to this book when I heard the author was Scottish and that it's set in Edinburgh - it's always nice to see 'home grown' authors, and I love stories in settings I'm familiar with. When they started releasing teasers (you can read chapter one online here), it seemed like the book might live up to the hype. I can't wait to dive in!

If you missed it, the other day on the blog I reviewed 'God Save The Queen' by Kate Locke. Look out for my post tomorrow about Seanan McGuire's 'Midnight Blue-Light Special'.

How about you? What books did you get this week?

~Ailsa

5 comments:

  1. Falconer definitely has a wonderful cover. I'm kind of getting curious about it since I've seen it on a few other people's hauls.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. **grabby hands** i'm in love with the cover of the falconer. i looks like an epic read. enjoy and thanks for stopping by our StS :)

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds so good, and I love that cover. I can't wait to hear how it is :) Hope you love it.

    New GFC follower. My STS

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)