Saturday, July 6, 2013

Letterbox Love//Stacking the Shelves



As always, Letterbox Love & Stacking the Shelves are ways to share the books you've got recently. LL is a British version of these sharing memes :)


I can't believe it's been a whole week already! I did read two fun books this week, and recieved a third from NetGalley which I'll be reading soon.

That one was 'Full Blooded' by Amanda Carlson, which apparently came out last year, but it sounds interesting: a werewolf who isn't quite normal for the species. Full description on Goodreads.


I bought 'The Mane Attraction' by Shelley Laurenston with some amazon vouchers I had, and it was worth it, a fun read and I loved the couple involved in this, book 3 in her 'Pride' series. This one features Sissy Mae and Mitch. And mmm, he is looking very nice in this cover, I think! Not sure if I'll be reviewing this one, we'll see. (Description on Goodreads.)

And then there were these two:

Down London Road, by Samantha Young. This is the 'sequel', if you like, to On Dublin Street, which I read and loved last week. Jo, the main character in this one, works at the bar with Joss from ODS, and we get to see her and Braden again, which was nice. I enjoyed this one too, and will be reviewing both soon. (Description here.)

Moon Over Soho, by Ben Aaronovitch. I have the first book in this series, and read & loved it a while ago, but hadn't got to reading the others yet. I saw one of my friends this week, and she lent this one too me, so I'll be getting to that very soon. (Description.)

As always, I'd love to hear what you think about any of these. I'm also curious about whether anyone is planning to see Samantha Young at the Edinburgh Book Festival in August - I have a ticket and it would be fun to meet other people there :)

~Ailsa

12 comments:

  1. Down London Road looks great. I'll have to check out the first one! Happy Reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full Blooded was great. I loved it. I hope you will like it as well. Down London Road looks amazing. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first in the Pride series on my Nook. I keep meaning to read it b/c I've heard it's great (and I LOVE shifters!) but always get distracted. I think it's time to buckle down and get started! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I love the cover for Down London Road. I've seen On Dublin Street on some blogs in the past. Maybe I should look into it.

    Enjoy all your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read On Dublin Street. I've never seen that cover of Down London Road before, I didn't even recognize it, haha. I hope you enjoy your new books. Have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read "On Dublin Street" and loved it. I can't wait to get to "Down London Road". I keep trying to pick up the Shelley Laurenston books but I haven't had a chance. Great haul!

    Tsuki's STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not familiar with any of these books, but I hope you have fun reading them!:D
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. maine attraction has a hot cover! you got some awesome books this week--happy reading and thank you for stopping by. :)

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! Hope you enjoy all of them. You can see the books I got this week here.
    Tasha @ A Trillian Books xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of any of these books before, but I hope you enjoy reading them all! :D
    Thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've hear a lot of good things about Full Blooded it's been on my TBR for a while, too! Great haul!

    Giselle @ Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent book haul, Ailsa! I loved Amanda Calson and Ben Aaronovitch, and heard a lot of fun things about The Mane Attraction (will have to read that soon!). Enjoy all!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)