Letterbox Love - a British meme for sharing the books you've acquired this week through the letterbox, library, and other places!
It's been a long time since I've posted, so I thought I'd kick things off again by sharing some of the books I've received recently.
First up, I won a lovely package of books via Smexy Books, including several ARCs.
I'm about half way through 'Barefoot In The Rain' which came out this week and it is very sweet. I'm probably going to dip into one of the historical romances soon, as they look fun, but I'm part way through so many books right now that I need to finish some before I start anything else. I also read 'Where Angels Rest', a crime novel with a romantic line through it, which I enjoyed.
- The green one is 'Palace of Impossible Dreams' by Jennifer Fallon, book 3 in the Tide Lords series. It's been a while since I read a good fantasy novel, and I gobbled through the first 2 books, but had to slow down because of homework.
- The giant yellow one is A Clash Of Kings, book 2 in the 'Song Of Ice And Fire' series. I've read the first half before, a while ago, but got stuck, and wanted to get back in to the series.
- 'Ratcatcher' is about a Bow Street Runner in London, and is full of highwaymen and secret plans, very interesting.
- I'm getting back to 'Gunmetal Magic' as soon as I'm done with A Clash Of Kings, but it's been put off for a little while because it's not a library book.
- I won the monthly comments contest at Book Lovers, Inc., and picked 'Lover Unleashed' as my book. I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, but the description for this book hadn't jumped at me the way the others did, so I hadn't read it sooner. I thought it was ok, but it felt like a bridging book, introducing new story arcs. I can't wait to read the next one though, and it's fairly near the top of my 'to buy' list at the moment.
How about you? What have you read recently? Do you have any recommendations for me? Feel free to share links to your own Letterbox Love/IMM/Stacking The Shelves, etc, post in the comments.